Highlights of Qualifications:
- M.S.S Sports Medicine, United States Sports Academy
- BA Liberal Arts, Spanish, Southern Illinois University
- 6 month Orthopedic Internship, Coastal Orthopedics
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist – American Academy of Health & Fitness Professionals
- Certified Personal Trainer – American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor – American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Resistance Weight Room Training Instructor – Fitness Resource Assc.
- Certified Reebok Cycling Instructor
- Certified Nutritionist Specialist.
- Over 20 years of Certified Personal Training & Group Exercise Instructor Experience
- Over 10 years of Management Experience
- Circuit Step
Please see our Class Schedule for a more details as well as a full list of our class offerings
Cathy has been in fitness since 1981 when she was asked to take over a group fitness class that she had been attending. She received her first group fitness certification in 1984 and followed it up with a Personal Training certification in 1987. Since then she has received numerous training certifications from nutrition, weight training, cycling and as a medical exercise specialist. In 2005, Cathy completed her M.S.S. in Sports Medicine from the United States Sports Academy. Her coursework included an intense 6 month internship working with an Orthopedic Surgeon and included everything form initial assessments to post-rehab recovery exercise.
“I have been a personal trainer for over twenty years, and have successfully found a niche in post-rehab training. Completing my Masters in Sports Medicine gave me the opportunity to observe and experience the steps of injury diagnosis, to surgery, to rehab. My post-rehab training enables me to extend the work of physical therapy and bring the client from function to strength.”
When she moved to Maine from California, Cathy began working at the Portland Athletic Club as a group fitness instructor and later became the Fitness Director and expanded the Personal Training Program. She continued to work at PAC until it closed and she and Jeff Daigle opened Foreside Fitness & Tennis in August 2008, where she manages the facility, teaches classes, and has an extensive Personal Training Clientele.